Based in USA/Japan/UK
Press / Business contact:
Abyssal Arts is an international indie game house headed by Keaton White. Its members share a love of games and whiskey, and so after much considered thought and a coin flip between a distillery and a game house, they went with the thing they actually knew how to do.
Abyssal Arts was formed for love. Keaton left his job as a production manager at Capcom Japan so he could be with the love of his life after years of being on different continents. Applying lessons learned at Capcom, he gathered a team of like-minded friends, and together, they formed Abyssal Arts to pursue their passion: making games. Now accompanied by fellow dreamers Ryan Becker, Moira Katson, Jon Slabaugh, and Grant Barber, they are hard at work building City of the Shroud, a tactical fighting game with a community-driven story.Present Day
Abyssal Arts will be releasing City of the Shroud in Summer 2018.
City of the Shroud Release Date Announcement YouTube
City of the Shroud Release Window Announcement YouTube
There are far more images available for Abyssal Arts, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Indie MEGABOOTH Official Selection: PAX East Showcase 2018 : (April 2018)
- 'City of the Shroud' is an RPG with a truly player-driven story', Engadget featured City of the Shroud and interviewed Keaton and Moira about the story mechanics: (October 2016)
- Kickstarter Funded in 9 Days, City of the Shroud's Kickstarter campaign crossed the funding threshold only 9 days after launch: (April 2016)
- Featured on Gaiscioch, City of the Shroud was featured on Gaiscioch during our Kickstarter campaign: (April 2016)
- "A Closer Look at City of the Shroud", City of the Shroud was featured on GameSpew during our Kickstarter campaign: (April 2016)
- RedBull's "10 Exciting Indie Games That You Need To Play", Selected as one of RedBull's "indie games to get excited about": (April 2016)
- GameSpew's Best of EGX Rezzed, Selected as one of the top ten best games at EGX Rezzed: (April 2016)
- City of the Shroud Featured on Kotaku UK, 51 British Games to Look Out for in 2016: (January 2016)
- Norwich Gaming Festival, Official Games Line-Up Selection: First-round selection for the games lineup at Norwich Gaming Festival (January 2016)
- GDC Talk, Indie Outsourcing for Any Budget: Hour-long GDC session discussing the ingenuity and business innovation that has gone into bringing City of the Shroud™ to life.
- Insomnia 56, 58, Scotland, and 59 Indie Zone, Official Selection: Awarded highly competitive spaces in the Indie Zone at multiple Insomnias
- "A game to look out for."
- Keza MacDonald, Kotaku
- "A freakin’ awesome game."
- Joseph Sale, GameSpew
- "An RPG with a truly player-driven story... Very, very ambitious."
- Aaron Souppouris, Engadget
- "A refreshing take on the genre."
- Zachery Bennett, Entertainment Buddha
- "A world rich with magic, mystery and political intrigue."
- Corina Dee, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "The gameplay is fantastic."
- Pierre-Yves, CGR
Personal tweets by Keaton at twitter.com/Shibusuke.
Personal tweets by Moira at twitter.com/moirakatson.
Read about the latest haps for Abyssal Arts at abyssalarts.com/blog.
Abyssal Arts Forums
You can always find us on our forums at abyssalarts.com/forums.
City of the Shroud™ Official Page
The official page for City of the Shroud™ is abyssalarts.com/shroud.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Managing Director, Producer
Lead Game Designer
Web Designer, Systems Engineer
Composer, Sound Designer